Wednesday, May 27, 2009

School's Out!

I find it so amazing that the older I get, the faster time goes by. When I was a kid the school year would drag on and on. Now that I have my own kids and observe other people's kids I can't believe how time flies. Maybe I am having more fun now.

Today was Bailey's last day of 2nd grade. Wow, how did that happen? Wasn't it just August and he was happy his best friend was in his class? Bailey agrees that the time has gone by quickly. We hope that he has advanced to the 3rd grade, but we haven't seen the paper that proves it. Report cards were supposed to come home yesterday, but Bailey's class didn't get theirs because of a "broken printer". Bailey tells a different story that the teacher (who has been subbing the last month since his real teacher had a baby) forgot to finish the grading. I don't think they will be offering her a full time position next year!

If I was a good mom, I would have taken a picture of him on his last day of school. I guess if I was a good mom I would have also been home when he got off the bus. In my defense, I was just a couple blocks away and it was a half day and I had gotten confused when school would be out (when I was a kid and we had a half day it just made the school day 2 hours shorter, not half as short). So he wasn't totally neglected.

In other news, the poor Neon is having AC problems. Not a good problem to have in the beginning of summer. Because the part to fix the AC is something like $700, Jared will have to sweat for a little bit. Sweating helps you lose weight, right? The Neon can't help it, it is 15 years old, but it needs to hold on for 17 more months. Please. I don't usually pray for inanimate objects, but I have prayed for that car. If the Spirit moves you, you could also pray for the Neon in its old age.

3 comments:

June said...

Dogs age 7 years for every 1 human year. I think cars age 10 for every 1 human year, so be nice to the old gal! Hoping you get a few more out of her.
Kids here don't get out of school until the end of June, always depending on how many snow days there were. Still, they often go back in August, although it's the end of August.
Hope you have some fun plans lined up for the summer. Maybe Bailey could spend the summer driving around with his dad – with fan in hand he could keep his dad feeling pretty cool on a hot day. Just not sure that Jared could stand all that conversation!

Melissa@thebblog said...

I think it's totally ok to pray for our old cars. my old Plymouth got lots of prayers when I did the internship in CA and the tire had a slow leak as did the radiator fluid!

Denae said...

He's going to be in 3rd grade?? Geeze!
Poor Jared. That sucks! No AC is the WORST.