Sunday, August 23, 2009

One week of 3rd grade down...







Many more to go! Bailey is really enjoying 3rd grade already. I know, it is early, but he likes the challenge and being more independent. His teacher called us to tell us what a wonderful kid he is. (She gets points for calling us with praise of our child after only 3 days of school!) If only he could be that good at home! He ended up not getting his #1 choice for a teacher, but so far he is happy with choice #2. She is young and is still super excited about her job which I love. Bailey has really had good teachers. I love his art teacher. Bailey is no artist and is well aware of this fact, but the art teacher has them do lots of different projects that don't necessarily require art talent. So the projects he brings home are actually quite eye catching. To me, a great teacher is one that inspires students to enjoy a subject even if it is one they don't necessarily like.


Mackenzie doesn't mind being home by herself. She enjoys having mommy to herself and getting to choose what show to watch on TV. She is always telling us though that "Bailey is my best friend!!" So cute.

2 comments:

june said...

Glad to hear he's happy in school. Keep him that way! Enjoy the girl time with Mackenzie, as you know, it's very short-lived.

Denae said...

Okay, that kid totally scares me too!!! He just looks creepy.
I love McKenzie in the pictures. It captures her personality so well.
That is awesome that Bailey's teacher called you! I've never heard of that before.