Friday, March 26, 2010

ONE MONTH OLD, SORT OF

Because Grayson was born in February, today he is 4 weeks old along with being one month old. How the time just flies! I was trying to decide if a month old is still a newborn, I think so, even though he doesn't feel new to me he is still new to almost everyone else.


The kids are still crazy about him. They both have to hold him at least once a day. They are both a great help when I need someone to make him happy for a minute or throw away a diaper or just get me something because I seem to be tied to the couch permanently.


Grayson is a great baby. That is, if you are someone who doesn't need much sleep. He will only sleep for an hour or two at a time at night, and many times it will take him awhile to fall back to sleep. A three hour block of sleep sounds amazing to me right now! Grayson loves to lay on a blanket on the floor and just look around. He will be happy doing that for 45 minutes! He isn't crazy about the swing or the carseat. I just love him so much already.


Speaking of sleep depravation, the other night was a rough one. I had been up with him for 2 hours, and every time I thought he was asleep he would wake up 5 minutes later. It was very frustrating, and I was so tired. I fed him, then put him to my shoulder to burp him and I fell asleep. The next thing I know he wasn't in my arms anymore. He was on the bed and quickly sliding to the floor. Luckily the pack and play is right next to the bed and slowed him down so I was able to catch him. It did scare me to death though. Grayson was unfazed, fast asleep. That is, until I put him down a minute later. Sigh.



Here are some pictures. They are in chronological order, just how I like them.



Praying he will survive living in this household

First bath, he really likes his bath if he isn't hungry.


I think he was either one week or two weeks when I took this picture.














Captured a smile. isn't it funny?






Big sister always has to hold him!







He really loves laying on the floor!


There's that old man worried look again!




Big brother and me







One Month Old!

2 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

Sammy, he's beautiful! I love the story - I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has caught her child going over!! Maddy got stopped by the blanket chest instead of the pack n'play but about the same heart stopping experience I guess. Well Maddy was also a bit older so actually less frightning than your story! Maybe we can all send up some prayers for you to get some sleep and it might happen. I'm in!

Tamera and Matthew Seely said...

I feel your pain. Anna was a horrible sleeper (day or night) and I was so excited when she finally slept through the night (at 15 months). That probably wasn't too encouraging. I guess that is why they are so cute when they are little so we forgive these little issues and still love them. Good luck. Call if you need a shoulder to cry on.