Monday, December 1, 2008

L-A-Z-Y

Yup, that's me. LAZY. I have been too lazy to blog these days. Of course I have a million ideas of what I could write about, but that takes too much effort. So because of my laziness you will not get to read a post about everything I am thankful for, you will not hear about what I ate for Thanksgiving or what I bought on Black Friday. Aren't you lucky? Instead, you will be happy to read this:

Things I am Proud of.

1. Bailey is doing well in school. He is no genius, but I can accept that. His reading level is where it should be at the end of second grade, so he is doing very well in that aspect. He is a wonderful friend to everyone in his class which is so nice to hear. His teacher even said she wished she had 15 Bailey's in her class. A nice compliment, I think. (Now I know I am talking about things I am proud of, but I wanted to add the only "negative" thing the teacher said was about his handwriting. Oh, it isn't pretty. It is bad enough he is a boy, but he is also a lefty. Maybe he will be a doctor someday!!)

2. The binky is gone and is never mentioned!! Mackenzie just seems to be growing up before my eyes.

3. A couple weeks ago, I went to Walgreens to buy some razors that I had heard was a fabulous deal after coupons. I also bought 4 bags of holiday candy because they had a $5 rebate on them. When the cashier rung up my purchases and ran my coupons through, he was shocked. The register said that Walgreens owed me $1.16. He called the manager, and I was a bit worried about what would happen, but the manager told the kid to give me the money since that is what the register said!! I walked out of Walgreens with 4 Soleil razors and 4 bags of candy and $1.16! Crazy! And I applied for the $5 rebate. It was my proudest moment as a couponer!

4. Tonight we put up our Christmas tree, and there was no fighting!! It was actually one of those nice happy family moments. Mackenzie loved putting the ornaments on the tree. We are trying to tell her not to take them off, but oh well.

5. I have 2 really great sister in laws. They have always been so good to me and have treated me like family since the beginning. I love them both so much and think of them as sisters. Even though our lives have been crazy, I think all of the stuff going on has made us closer and appreciate what we have!

6. My husband has been trying so hard to be a better dad and husband. He isn't perfect, but I know he is trying, which helps me to try to be a better mom and wife.

7. I have really been trying to not worry about things that aren't important. If I can't change it, then I try not to worry about it. Because of this, I have felt so much happier, like a weight of perfection has been lifted from me. I can't be perfect, because it isn't possible.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

O.k. you may have just convinced me to be a couponeer. That is a crazy crazy story. They paid you to take their merchandise. Thats so cool. You just screwed THE MAN

Anonymous said...

Well now I feel like a crappy person for not checking blogs or emails or phone messages for the last couple of weeks!
We treat you like family because you ARE family Samantha!!! Blood wouldn't make you any more sister than you already are. So thank YOU for being a great sister.
Tell your husband I appreciate his sweet calls & someday I'll get back to him, but at the moment I'm not feeling very talkative... even if it is about how I'm feeling.

Anonymous said...

And p.s. you've got to look at the picture I just posted of MacKenzie, Taj & Alyssa at the table on Thanksgiving. I can't stop laughing every time I look at MacKenzie in it. She's so funny! Maybe if I'd been Ben taking the picture she would have been a little happier.

Unknown said...

How sweet samantha! Thanks. You know we love you! I am not quite as good at sappy stuff as Nae! Sorry. Yeah...at least some good things have come out of the sad mess! I fear there may be knock out drag outs over who get to hold Nae's baby first! SHEESH! We all just need that little piece of heaven and peace right now! LOL

Melissa@thebblog said...

Love the coupon story!!! I read it to my co-workers because I just can't get over it. You Rock!