Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Naughty, not nice

It was an interesting day in our household. I had so much to do. I realized that Christmas was only 9 days away and I had to wrap and ship all of my family's gifts. Luckily I only needed to buy one last thing for their package, but I was running short on time. I decided that today would be the day to get that stuff taken care of. So I set Mackenzie in front of the TV, watching her favorite show of the moment, Spongebob. I was wrapping away in my bedroom, getting a lot done, when I realized that Spongebob was now over, but Mackenzie was still quiet. So I went to see what she was doing, and this was what I found:

She had taken off her underwear (yes, we are working on some potty training, it is going OK) and had put diaper rash cream on herself because she has had a rash, and decided she wanted to cover the rest of her body with it as well. Especially her hair! Yuck! So she immediately went into the bath tub:

Even after lots of scrubbing, it wasn't coming out! Oh well, I had things to do. So I tried to comb it out of her hair and this was the result:


I decided to give up. It wasn't too bad for around the house, but when we went out I was sure glad it was 25 degrees so she had a reason to wear a hat!

Later on, we had a little fun with her hair for a change. We gave her a mowhawk!



What a day. And the diaper cream isn't all the way out of Mackenzie's hair, although it is way better than it was. The secret is if you ever get anything greasy anywhere, use Dawn dishwashing soap. I am sure she will need another bath tomorrow, but at least I find it funny. Now.

5 comments:

Knick Knack Paddy Whack, Throw This Mom a Bone said...

OMG! THAT is hilarious!!! That diaper cream REALLY stys put, doesn't it!!!!

HAHA!!! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa Martin said...

That is the funniest thing I've seen in a while! She's got such a mischevious look on her face too.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I honestly think that is worse than Vaseline. It was only a matter of time though Samantha. I'm surprised she didn't pull that sooner. I love her face in the 1st picture.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the laugh! My kids never have done that one---but I am glad that I can laugh out loud at yours!

Melissa@thebblog said...

Nice! Why do they pick the hardest things to get out? Why not easy flour or something?