Monday, January 19, 2009

Tooting my own horn

I think that phrase is so funny. Just the idea of tooting someone else's horn is gross. Spit in a musical instrument that is your own is gross enough, but someone else's? No thanks.


I digress. I have been knitting about a year now, and I had a baby shower to go to last week, so I decided to make a little hat. It was the first hat that I have made that actually turned out to be sort of newborn size. I am bad at sizing! Although it is far from perfect, I think it turned out pretty cute, and the mother to be seemed to really like it.







5 comments:

Unknown said...

so very cute! I love lincoln's hat and really think that you are a gifted knitter. and i come from a long line of knitters...really my grandma owned a yarn store. My mom is looking at the hat now and oohhh and ahhhhing.

Knick Knack Paddy Whack, Throw This Mom a Bone said...

Great job Samantha! That is ADORABLE!!! :)

Melissa@thebblog said...

Ah! I love it. So very cute!! I am very, very impressed.

Anonymous said...

You are very impressive with your knitting skills Samantha! I'd toot your horn.

Marie said...

Wow!!!!! That is absolutely adorable! You did a fabulous job Sammy. Obviously a hidden talent, not so hidden any more.