Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 Random Things

1. I graduated from college in August of 2000, which I am very proud of since I had Bailey 2 months later. I have my BA in English and have never used it!
2. Because I have a BA in English, people think I am a human dictionary. I am not.
3. My husband and I eloped after knowing each other less than two months. And next month we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Not bad!
4. I would never recommend eloping to anyone! Especially not my kids!
5. I grew up on a farm, but have never ridden a horse.
6. I was 20 the first time I had ever been on an airplane. I was going away to a college I had never even visited and knew only 2 people in the whole state!
7. I used to be really afraid of spiders, but it's not as bad anymore, because Jared is more scared of them, so I have to kill them. I still don't like big hairy ones, fast ones, or any that are crawling on my head!
8. Growing up I collected the Babysitter Club books. Oh, I loved those books! I was saving them for when I had a girl so she could read them, but my mom gave them away without asking me. Oh well.
9. I am a big sports fan. Especially baseball, Nascar, and football. I know more about the sports than a lot of guys do.
10. I am a coupon addict. If there was a Couponer Annonymous, I would need to go.
11. Some of my best friends I have never met. Maybe someday!
12. I hate being called Sam. That isn't me. In typing, I understand, my name is long, and if you are a really good friend, then I can excuse that too. But it makes my skin crawl when random people call me that. Sammy is also OK if you are a friend.
13. I taught myself how to knit last year by reading a book. I have made Mackenzie a dress and a bazillion hats.
14. I have started to become obsessed with wrinkles. I feel too young to be getting them.
15. I know the reason why I have wrinkles is because I love the sun too much. And getting a tan.
16. Some of my best childhood memories are from spending time at the beach (the Shore!) or visiting my aunt in Vermont.
17. I hate being cold. I really should have lived somewhere tropical!
18. I hate making phone calls. Really. I only feel comfortable calling Jared, my mom, mother in law, and sister and sister in laws.
19. I wish so much that Mackenzie would grow more hair! I don't know why, but it bugs me that it isn't longer and is still baby fine.
20. When I was 2, I had an operation on my hip because I had hip dysplasia. I still have pain in both of my hips today, especially if I stand for a long time or walk a lot.
21. I have moments where I wish I was just a crazy cat lady living by myself with 10 cats. OK, maybe not 10.
22. I am not a morning person. Or a night person either. Anyone who has lived with me knows my hatred for the morning. Unfortunately I have early bird children.
23. I look forward to getting the mail every day. You never know when you will get a package, free sample, a check or something else good!
24. I am not a nap-loving person. I usually wake up crabbier than ever.
25. I don't swear. OK, I rarely swear. Only if I am crazy mad.

5 comments:

Knick Knack Paddy Whack, Throw This Mom a Bone said...

1. Def something to be proud of!
3. Not bad? That's awesome!
8. I loved the Babysitter's Club books too. :)

11. Definately!
12. I alllllways type it out because I know you hate it! :)
22. I am not a morning person either!
23. Me too! It's one of my fave parts of the day! Do you do BzzAgent?

H

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a wrinkle on you! Ridiculous!
Those 25 things definitley sum you up to a T.
I didn't know I can call you Sammy! Or that you had a hip opperation. Hmmm...secrets.

Melissa@thebblog said...

And boy can you tan well! I've always been jealous

Anonymous said...

4. Pay your children $500 to elope - it's cheaper than a wedding.
7. You are a braver woman than me!
8. She's just like her mother...I should know.
14. Sorry - you just have to get over it and realize how much fun you had getting each and every one of them!
16. When I think of you, I remember waking you and Beth up in the middle of the night to go outside in 2 degree weather to see the Northern Lights. Come for a visit!
22. Hmmm, you're just like your grandmother:-)

Love the list!

Alison said...

Lots of interesting things I didn't not know about you.