Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas

This year I haven't been in the Christmas spirit at all. Pregnancy has sapped most of the energy that I have for anything, and Christmas was included. The only decorations I put up were the tree and stockings, that was it. I have decided that 3 is the best age for Christmas. Mackenzie was so excited to see Santa and even told him she wanted a beautiful princess. Good thing Bailey had bought her a princess doll just a few days earlier, because Santa didn't know about this request until a few days before Christmas. She also thought that Santa would come to our house again the next day, so I had to explain that he needed time to rest before next Christmas. And in her prayers she thanks God for Santa and her presents. I was worried this year that Bailey's Christmas would seem sort of lame. He really didn't ask for very many things. He is pretty much a video games and sports kid. But he definitely wasn't lacking for gifts this year! We got him a personalized Cardinals jersey which he was very grateful for. He even gave me a hug when he said thank you!! My non Christmas spirit also showed in the lack of pictures. Oops. But here are a few that I did take.



Christmas Eve pictures in matching pj's.



Checking out the tree for the first time.


Opening stockings



Daddy actually gave gifts to the kids, and they loved what he got for them!




Definitely my favorite picture! She is giving him a hug thank you for her present.
Tinkerbell. Do you think she had chocolate for breakfast or what?
Here is a picture of me opening my big present (a pack n play for the baby). Although it wasn't the Dyson vacuum I dreamed of, I really wanted a smaller crib for the first few months, and this will do the job. This will probably the only picture I will be in until the baby is born, so enjoy (even though it is a horrible picture, but you can see the belly).

3 comments:

Sara said...

I agree that this is the best age for Christmas. Mady was so into Christmas this year. Oh, and when you get the chance again, get they Dyson. I love mine!

Denae said...

Yes, 3 is the best age. Taj loved it too. Too bad I wasn't in the spirit either. Must have been in the water.

Unknown said...

I like 4 for Christmas too though Nae and Samantha...Lys loved it this year. Glad it was a good Christmas despite all the little things. Hang in there--time is moving on...not TOO much longer!