Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sad

My father in law is in the hospital. He has had a series of strokes today. Having kids, I have to stay home, where it is hard to feel "in the loop". Bailey is super close to him, but he isn't worried at all. He feels like he will be OK, and I hope he is right.

I love my own dad, but we aren't close. I haven't talked to him since August when I was there visiting. He isn't very talkative, but I know my mom fills him in on everything going on. But I am close to my father in law. He is truly like a dad to me. He does so much for me and truly cares about me. When someone gets really sick or hurt, you start to think whether they would know how much you care about them. I think my father in law knows I care, but I feel bad that I don't ever say "I love you" to him. It just feels awkward for me to say, since he isn't my dad. But I do love him. He is a wonderful Papa to my kids, and they adore him. He is always so willing to help our family and is a good listening ear. Of course he has his quirks, but I think anyone who knows him loves him as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam, I hope your father in law makes a full recovery.

Jess NBP said...

Sam I hope your FIL makes a full recovery. my boys are close to mine.

Anonymous said...

Okay, here's your Amish bread directions...
http://bellisstudios.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/amish_bread.pdf
If that link doesn't work, try this...http://bellisblog.com/category/amish-friendship-bread/
and scroll down to the last post. I promise it's so, so yummy & easy!
Samantha, of course my dad knows you love him & care about him & of course he loves you. He doesn't say it either to anyone, but it's obviously there. Love you.

Sara said...

How is he doing?