Monday, May 5, 2008

The Big 3-2

So it was my birthday on Saturday. I am now 32, which isn't a big deal, right? Except that I have been dreading this birthday for YEARS. Why would I dread this particular birthday? Well, when I was 16, my little brother was born. He was quite the surprise, and I felt too old for there to be a baby in the house. I always thought about when he would be 16, the same age I was when he was born, I would be 32. It seemed like he would never turn 16, so I would never turn 32.

Well, that day has arrived. He still has 2 months to go before he is 16, but here I sit at 32. The number that seemed too far away to ever come. That makes me feel OLD. So old that when I looked at myself in the mirror, all I could see was gray hair. So the night before my birthday I went and bought hair dye. I have been wanting to dye my hair a medium/dark brown for some time. I think girls who have dark hair and blue eyes are so pretty. So I wanted to try it out. $2.50 later, I have practically black hair. My husband was not a fan initially, but he likes it more and more. But I have a problem. I have these weird horizontal streaks where the color is fading already. Oh well. I really don't want to fry my hair by re-dying it again, so I will leave the streaks for "character". If you see me, just tell me you love my hair, whether you do or not. Please. I just turned 32 and I messed up my hair as if I was 16. I need an ego boost!

4 comments:

Momma Mary said...

wait a week and then get one of those 'washable' dye treatments.. It will lessen the sight of the streaks without totally frying your hair... OR get your DH to get you a salon GC for mother's day. :)

Melissa@thebblog said...

Remember the horrible purple hair I had in college - and then the orange when I tried to fix it - and then finally the normal blonde when my roommate got it really fixed? Post a photo! I haven't see a pic of you in ages. Also, I think you would look great with a medium/light brown. It wouls be very stunning. Happy Bday!

One Hot Single Mama said...

Hahaha! Don't you just LOVE home hair dyes? I usually go blonder or redder so I never notice the streaks! hahaha. Now 50 is old...you still have a LONG way until 50! hahaa.

Oh, and by the way...I love your hair!

*muah*

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam! Hey, at least you're not 36 like "someone" (me).