Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yo Gabba What?

Sorry I have been MIA lately. For those wondering my FIL is doing well. To see him you wouldn't even know anything is wrong with him. Sadly, we know that something like this could happen again, and next time he might not be so lucky. But we are so grateful for the time that we do have with him, and having an idea of what the future could hold makes our time together so much more precious.

Anyway, on to my post title. Mackenzie is not a big TV fan. Which is a good thing for the most part. But there are moments when I would like to shower in peace without getting the whole bathroom wet in the process because she insists on opening the shower door. One day I was getting desparate for something to distract her because I just needed a few moments to myself. I flipped through the kids' channels and found Yo Gabba Gabba on Nickelodeon. Instantly, she was mesmerized! And I took a shower without hearing "hi, hi, hi" 100 times. And when I got out, she was still perched on the couch where I left her! I am a little worried though. Out of all the shows to watch, this one is a little strange. There is a guy who wears tights, glasses and a wig (he reminds me of Roj from the 70's show "What's Happening?") who has these toy monsters that come to life in a diarama. They do a lot of singing and dancing, and the monsters, whose names I haven't figured out quite yet, are bright and amusing. My favorite so far has been when the green monster tries to bite one of the other monsters, and they break into song about how you don't bite your friends. Funny huh?

I love having a DVR, because now whenever I need Yo Gabba Gabba to come to my rescue, I can turn on one of the episodes I have taped. Thank you Nickelodeon for giving me my sanity back!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam, glad to hear that your FIL is better.

My girls love Gabba Gabba too. You should see them beat box with Biz when he comes on!

Anonymous said...

What time is Yo Gabba Gabba on?? Just Nick? I want to try this with Taj. Too bad we don't have DVR!