Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Anyone want a dog?

There are some days when I would love to give my dog away. Like when she runs away for instance. As I have mentioned previously, I am not a morning person. So when the dog we are pet sitting for barks to go outside, I let our dog Snickers out as well. I completely forget that the gate did not get shut the night before. I was actually sitting outside thinking how nice it was to not have the dogs right under my feet wanting my attention at this way too early hour. It was after I went inside that I realized the gate was open and the dogs were gone. Wait, just one dog was gone. Mine. The dog we are watching obediently came when I called him. But Snickers? She thinks running away is some really fun game. The closer I get, the faster she runs. Brat. I was smart and picked up her leash before I went chasing after her. As I was chasing her, many thoughts ran through my head. I thought of all the positive things if Snickers was gone (no more gate in the kitchen, cleaner house, no worries about petsitters, save on dog food). But as those thoughts entered, I also thought of how sad the kids would be if Snickers was gone. She is good with them. So I said a little prayer of help me catch this dog please!!! There was a few times that I almost had her, but she is a quick little dog (she's a cockapoo and can be energetic). As I ran down the street, boobs bouncing because I was parolling the streets in my pajamas, I was starting to get downtrodden. We were approaching a busy street, and I thought for sure I would watch my dog get hit by a car. But thankfully, and angel appeared. Well, not really an angel. More like two dogs in their own fenced in yard. Snickers was so busy chasing these dogs up and down the fence that she didn't notice me and I was able to nab her. Mission accomplished, thank you prayer given. Of course the dumb dog had to poop on the way home, making me look like one of those owners who doesn't clean up after her dog.

All this before 6:30 am!! Gotta love it!

2 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

Awesome! What a morning. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who has to chase their disobedient dog down the street!

Momma Mary said...

I know how you feel. I have been seriously considering it myself. But then Little Monster loves her all up. Ugh. We have to keep her.