Friday, June 13, 2008

I NEED A VACATION!!!!

Thank goodness I am getting one next week. Just to visit family, but we are going to the beach for a week as well.

So why do I need a vacation? The last 3 days have just been crummy. Crabby children, early rising dogs, only making $42 at a garage sale are just a few of the things (but at least I made more than Melanie and Denae!! HA!) Yesterday we were picking up a cake for my MIL for her birthday at the grocery store. I had shopping to do, and by the time we were checking out, Mackenzie had had enough. She was screaming and I was holding her (she had spent too much time running around the store like a wild child while Bailey "watched" her). I had put all the food on the conveyer belt (is there another word for it?) and it was almost all the way full. There was a little spot for the cake, so I asked Bailey to hold it there so it wouldn't fall. What does he do? He decides to hold it above his head. I tell him to put it down, but does he listen? And can you guess what happened? Yes the cake fell on the ground. It was actually in really good condition considering it fell upside down and the lid was starting to come off. I was so frustrated with him because he continues to disobey me.

Today I had to pick Bailey up from summer school, and we were also picking up a friend who rides another bus. Bailey's bus arrived first, so he waited in the car with me for the other bus to come. When the bus came, he jumped out of the car and crossed the parking lot to get his friend. A van was coming, but I watched him stop for it and his continued to cross. No problem, right? Well, a man who works at the school came over to my car and told me to cross with him next time because he almost got hit by the van. Now, I was watching and from my viewpoint he didn't almost get hit by the van. If he did, don't you think his mother would almost have her heart jump into her throat? The man proceded to tell me that he is too little to be crossing the street by himself. I couldn't believe it. He will be 8 in the fall. I know he is small for his age, but he has to learn how to cross the street sometime. I understand his concern and everything, but at the same time it made me mad and embarrassed. The more I think about it, the more I think he probably just saw me as his babysitter and not his mother. As his mother, I am allowed to make choices for my child, like whether or not he can cross the street on his own or not. And maybe it wasn't the most correct choice, but it was my choice to make. He didn't get hurt, or even almost get hurt, so it is OK.

Yeah. So I am feeling like I just need a break from everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a rude man! Did you say anything to him?? He can't tell you how to raise your child.
The cake really was delicious anyway. A little extra spice.
So how come you need a vacation when every day is a vacation for you not working, right!??? :)
Feel free to drop the doggies off here whenever.