Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tying up some loose ends

I assume that you have noticed my absence. I did go to Vegas, the children (and my mom) did survive, and I am happy with my choice. One of the best things about my trip is I got to see my awesome friend Barbara and her family. She is such a great friend!! It has been 3 years since the last time we saw each other, and instantly when we saw each other it was as if no time had passed. I love those kinds of friends! She and I were college roommates (I guess apartmentmates would be closer to the truth). Barbara was the girl who brought the guys to our apartment. Not on purpose though! They all thought she was great and she could care less about them all! Good thing she found her match so she could stop teasing all the boys! Barbara and I lived together so we saw each other often, but I remember times that we would run into each other on campus and would miss our classes because we were so busy talking. That's a great friend! Her kids are so cute, little perfect mixes of her and her husband. And they got along with each other so great!

Another one of the great things about my trip was how rejuvinating it was. I spent a lot of time reading and knitting and just spending time by myself. I know, to a lot of people that doesn't sound fun, but I loved it. Coming home I have so much more patience with my kids.

Mackenzie did GREAT with her first long time away from mom. In fact, she didn't even mention me the whole time I was gone. She did cry when my mom went home today though. Poor thing.

So now my life will be back to normal. What is that? The house we have been working on for about 7 weeks is now finished. Hopefully it will sell soon so my in laws can have their furniture back (it is busy acting as staging furniture). Tomorrow I think I am going to just run errands and spend time at my house.

Yes, Halloween was a long time ago, but we had fun. Mackenzie was a giraffe and Bailey was Anakin Skywalker, I think. Mackenzie LOVED trick or treating. Not surprising since she loves candy, especially lollypops. If people left their candy bowls down too long, she would pick more than one piece!

Pictures will be coming soon. I promise. Really.

Oh, and Barbara? Thanks so much for dinner last week! I don't feel like we thanked you enough. And you really should start a blog. I would even comment on it!

2 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

Oh, I am so jealous that you guys got to see eachother! What a fun additional treat to your Vegas trip. Glad the kids a mom did well together and that you rested up. Christmas starts and you will get stressed again so quickly!

Unknown said...

It was so much fun seeing you. I wish we could make it happen more often. We'll have to make those Utah plans. Thanks for hanging out with me and my kids. Glad everyone survived back at home:) By the way, you are an awesome friend too!!