Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Something that I want to remember

I am so glad that even at 8 years old, Bailey is still pretty innocent. In the world we live in, that isn't always possible. Kids know about too many adult things, and I am glad that Bailey is oblivious to many adult issues.

So the other day Bailey and I were watching TV together (The Biggest Loser, I believe) and someone in the show said holy beep (the bad word was beeped out). Since we had an issue with Bailey and the word jackass, he has been sort of interested in what other bad words there are, since that is the only one he knows. He says to me "I know what they said". I said "Really?" He says "Yeah, they said cow". I had to try really hard not to laugh. He then said "why did they beep out cow when holy was the bad part?" I just answered that I didn't know, but I was impressed that he understood that saying holy like that is sort of sacreligious.

If only I could shield him from the world forever.

1 comment:

Marie said...

That is great! Innocences is so precious, unfortunately it doesn't seem to last as long as we want it to. Enjoy it now :)