Monday, August 25, 2008

The Dog Days of Summer

I am sad that summer is almost over. But really we have been lucky that it has been a nice summer. Not super hot or humid and we have gotten enough rain so we haven't had to water the grass.

So even though we haven't had too many of those "dog days", at our house there have been MANY dog days. Since the beginning of June, we have dog sat for 5 different dogs for a little over 7 weeks. Luckily our dog Snickers is a good sport about other dogs because she has had to put up with a lot! Little yippy dogs, friendly (but slightly scary) pit bulls, overly playful teenage dogs, and lazy easygoing dogs.

It was actually enjoyable to have other dogs around. Mackenzie especially loves it. She is a dog lover, and they all seemed to enjoy her as well.



The worst part of it has been the early bird dogs. We are actually watching a dog now and she thought 5:30 was a good time to bark to get up. And we all know how much of a morning person I am.

On a different note, the car I have had since I turned 18 is broken. I am praying that is a cheap and easy fix. I need something to go my way!

2 comments:

Ben said...

I want to know which dog was your favorite.

Don't worry I already know it's not Roxi.

Samantha said...

Easy answer.

The one that paid $200 for a little less than 2 weeks.

Roxi is a close 2nd, of course.