Tuesday, August 5, 2008

You know your life is boring when...

Poop is the highlight of your day. To be more specific, poop that lands in the right place.

So the last couple weeks or so we have been encouraging Mackenzie to go to the bathroom on her little potty. She has gotten to the point where she goes probably 97% of the time that she sits on it. But she has to want to. This is one of the hurdles we are facing. She just doesn't want to sit on the potty every time she has to go. I don't blame her, really. She hasn't learned to hold it, so really she pees every 10-30 minutes. She has pooped on the potty a few times, but they were mostly about being at the right place at the right time.

Today we were playing in the backyard in the blow up pool. It has a cute little slide to go down, and today was the first day that Mackenzie was actually going down it and having fun. She came over to where I was sitting and said "Side". I asked her if she wanted to go down the slide again, she nodded, then shook her head. She then says "side poo". Oh, you want to slide in the pool? Nods again, then shakes her head. About a minute of further conversation with her and I finally figured out that she was really saying "Inside poop". I asked her if she had to poop, and she says yes and heads towards the door. Sure enough, she sits on her little throne and poops! I was so proud! I am so happy that she realized what the sensation was and was able to hold it until I figured out what she was talking about. I put her in underwear after this, and 15 minutes later, she pees on my couch.

Yes, I guess the little gross things in life make me happy today!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Yeah for Mackenzie. That is so great. Haven't even introduced the potty with Jake yet.

Momma Mary said...

Oh, but it is exciting when your little one poops in the potty!! Yay!!!

Unknown said...

Alyssa started a little after Mackenzie's age and despite the fact that she wasn't potty trained entirely now (WOOHOO!--I am probably speaking too soon and she will have an accident in the next five!)---she has been poopy trained for a LONG time so enjoy that...the pee pee will come when she wants and not before then. Congrats Mackenzie! That's great!