Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Things could be better....

But I guess they could be worse too. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

A UTI and overdrawing the checking account aren't the worst things that could happen. I could have cancer or some other disease or disorder. Instead, I just felt like I had to pee for 24 hours straight before I was able to get some medicine.

At least when I overdrew the bank account, I had money to put in it. I had just forgotten that $450 + $600 = more than I had at that moment and that I needed to move money from savings. That was so frustrating to me, because it was the first time I had EVER overdrawn our account. I almost did when I was in college by a penny. My bank was in NJ and I was in Utah so thank goodness my mom put some money in my account so I didn't have to pay any fees because of a penny.

The overdrawn account is so frustrating to me. My job in our household is to take care of the money. I am always on time with payments and I always have money for those payments. I felt like I failed at my job. Plus I have been trying super hard not to spend any unneccesary money. I have been clipping coupons and looking for good deals on stuff I already buy. I hate money, and it is harder when I don't really supply it to our family.

Anyway, on to happier news, Mackenzie pooped on the potty AGAIN this morning! I was so proud! Let's hope this is an every day occurrence!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes. I make them on a daily basis at my job too. Hope you feel better.

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Go MacKenzie!

Unknown said...

Seriously Samantha! You are AWESOME with your funds---so a ONE time screw up is natural--it happens to us all sooner or later. Part of being human---welcome to the world where the rest of us live--full of human errors!