Monday, March 9, 2009

Bailey loves me, I think

At church yesterday Bailey had to write down what made his mother so great. He said some nice things about me, like I am nice and fun and I play games with him. But the very first thing he thought of and wrote down was that I am cheap (he spelled it ceep, but I knew exactly what he was trying to say). Along with cheap he said I like coupons and I save money. I know he meant it as a compliment, but still. No one likes to be called cheap! He now has a new word in his vocabulary: frugal.

I also learned that teaching him certain phrases isn't the best at times. Bailey also called me a stick in the mud. Jared and I have been teasing each other whenever we act boring (which, I will admit, is a lot of the time), we call each other a stick in the mud. I guess Bailey has decided that it is a term that fits me well.

It is funny what kids come up with!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey if you're a stick in the mud than I must be one too lol. I'm sure my kids would call me that if they knew such phrases. I can't believe how much Bailey has grown. It doesn't help that I never get to see him. Hey, i wanted to tell you I am pregnant:)

Melissa@thebblog said...

Oh funny! He is such a smart kiddo. It's always fun to see what kinds of things kids come up with when asked to describe a parent or a topic. So creative!

ps - can I comment on Barb's comment - pregnant!!! Wahoo

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you're a strong, determined, frugal mother.