Monday, March 23, 2009

World's Worst Mother

Mackenzie has had a fever since Wednesday night. I try to let these things pass, because more often than not it is just a virus that a doctor can do little about. By Sunday she still had a fever. It would go down with Motrin and she would be acting normal for the most part until it wore off, which is why I wasn't overly concerned. So since she was still running a fever yesterday, I decided to check her throat. It was horribly swollen with a lovely white spot. So I took her to the Walgreens After Care Clinic (which is quite convenient and a whole lot cheaper than the ER or Urgent care), and sure enough, she has strep throat. Bailey has never had strep throat or even very many sore throats, which is why it took so long for me to even consider that maybe her throat was giving her problems. So I made my baby suffer for 4 days!! Luckily I was smart and we stayed home when she had a fever so we did not infect the world with strep.

Yesterday Bailey was full of rotten attitude (gotta love being called a jackass by your 8 year old--and he didn't learn that word from me!!) so I bagged up a bunch of his toys and took them hostage. He definitely thought I was the world's worst mother.

7 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

Oh dear! I shouldn't be laughing but that must have been quite a conversation and I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one!

Sorry M is feeling lousy. sick kids always mean miserable mommies.

Denae said...

I know EXACTLY who he learned that word from. Let me know if you need me to help you out. I'd be happy to rat on someone.

dontnoy said...

I would have done the same thing. I think on both counts. I guess that makes us tied for title of world's worst.

Melissa Martin said...

Guess I'm the worst mom too! I've done the same thing on both accounts. Hope she feels better real soon!

Unknown said...

FOr some reason---(due to computer problems on my end)---your posts weren't up to date when I looked the other day---NE ways---quick comments on all---Happy Anniversary---I even called (never mind I didn't know it was your anniversary) Keep those good things in mind when you have a...Spice moment. (think it over---I am not using names!) Yeah...we have all been there on the strep throat thing--well darnit Bailey---I gotta say---I am with Denae on the I could rat a COUPLE people out on that!

Alison said...

Don't beat yourself up. You may be a mom, but you are also still human. I would have done the same thing in both cases. Hope MacKenzie feels better soon.

One Hot Single Mama said...

Oh hun, we all have done this! hahaa. I hope M feels better and B stops repeating stuff. Haha. It is kinda funny. :)