Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where has my baby gone?


Has it really been that long since she was that size? This month Mackenzie will be 2 1/2. She already thinks she is big stuff, with a big attitude to go with her tiny self. The other day we brought a mattress from the basement and put it in her room so we would have enough places to sleep when friends stayed with us on Saturday. I ended up sleeping there Sunday as well to stay away from the germ room. Mackenzie wants to sleep on it too, so the last two days she has taken naps on this mattress. She hates the crib anyway and just climbs out all the time.
So last night I put her to bed in her crib without issue. Usually she will cry for a minute, but not that night. I didn't think anything of it until I went to go to bed in that room. She had gotten out of the crib and fallen asleep on the mattress. I went to sleep in Bailey's room instead, but when we woke in the morning we discovered that sometime in the night Mackenzie had climbed back into the crib!! Funny girl.
But now I am thinking she might be ready for a big bed. I just sort of want to keep her in a crib forever. She is my baby you know.
As much as I don't want her to grow up, I would like her to grow out of this stage of constantly fighting me over everything. Putting on clothes, leaving to go home, doing anything I asked. It is getting tiring. Please tell me it will end soon. Good thing she is so cute!

3 comments:

Marie said...

"They" always say they always grow up too fast!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? You haven't even gotten close to the teen years! I seem to remember someone who always thought she was right when she was younger, and, hmmm I think you, I mean she turned out okay. Oh, and she'll grow out of it;-)

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! SHe is smart enough to know she was SUPPOSED to be in the crib. What a funny kid!