Thursday, July 3, 2008

Back to life

Back to reality. Home from vacation, and at moments, have felt like I needed a vacation from my vacation. Not that I didn't have a good time, but it is hard when you are also playing single parent on vacation. Although my sister and my mom would take the kids and play with them to give me a break, it was still tiring at times. Especially since they enjoyed getting up early the whole vacation. And you all know how I do with waking up early!

One week of my vacation was spent at the beach. Or "the shore" as they call it in New Jersey. I have some of the best memories of being a kid at the shore. It was always a time where our extended family would get together. I have an aunt who lived in Vermont and she would always come down for a few days when we would rent a place at the shore, and it was so special to spend that time with her. In fact, she came down for a few days this time as well, so it made it seem even more like old times. If only Nanny was around, but I am sure she was watching!

We discovered while at the shore that Mackenzie is a beach bunny. She loves it!! Bailey was never too crazy about it. Last year was the first time that he didn't mind staying on the beach for more than an hour. He is a cautious child, so the waves in the ocean would scare him. He hates being dirty or wet, so the beach isn't really a great place for him. But Mackenzie is a totally opposite child. She likes the sand, the ocean, everything! Even the seagulls! It really makes me wish that we lived closer to the beach so we could go more often. The water was freezing the whole time we were there. You know how you get brain freeze when you eat ice cream? That is how it felt to your ankles when you were in the water, it was that cold. Mackenzie could care less. It seemed almost like child abuse to let her get in the water with it so cold, but it can't be abuse if they like it, right?

All said, we had a great time. But I missed my hubby and am glad to be home. My house has never looked and smelled so clean! Makes me want to leave him home more often while I go on vacation.

No comments: