Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Sassy 7's

I am long awaiting the day when the kids are "easier". If you have kids, you know what I mean. When they are newborns, you think "when they sleep through the night, it will be easier". Or "when they get rid of this colic they will be easier". Or "when they eat solids it will be easier". That turns into "when they can feed themselves it will be easier", then "when they stop making such a mess they will be easier". In a lot of ways Mackenzie is pretty easy. She is happy most of the time and can follow directions when she wants to. Right now I am thinking with her "when she is potty trained things will be easier" (I was changing 4 poopy diapers a day while on vacation which was getting old. And gross.) She is not very fun to take to stores, so I can't wait until she grows a little more patient with shopping. It should happen any day, because after all, she is a girl.

With Bailey, 7 should be such an easy age. He can do so much for himself and knows right from wrong. Unfortunately, he doesn't want to do much for himself, and tries to have me do everything for him. And his mouth. My goodness. Good thing he doesn't know any curse words or he would probably try to say them. The other day he told us that we suck as parents. Nice. We are trying hard to be patient through this trying time in his development, but it is getting old. I am thinking that boot camp sounds like a great option right now. He might come back actually appreciating us. Maybe.

I am not looking forward to the teenage years.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I know what you mean. I can't wait till going to a restaurant is easier...