Monday, July 14, 2008

The Smell of Summer

One of the things I love about summer are the smells. I love the smell of freshly cut grass, of the outdoors after a rainshower, of grilling on the BBQ, of a chlorinated pool, and of course, the beach. When we drove to the beach last month, I rolled down my window to see when I would get the first whiff of the ocean. Oh, I love it!!

Another smell I love is sunscreen. Coppertone is OK, but not my favorite. I discovered that Hawaiian Tropics makes an actual sunscreen. Usually they just make suntan oil that has a negative SPF. I love the smell of that stuff, and a few years ago I bought the suntan oil just to wear over my regular sunscreen. Imagine my joy when I found Hawaiian Tropics in SPF 55 and it smells just as good as the suntan oil!! I am in heaven! I love applying it to my kids just so I can hug and kiss them more often!

1 comment:

Ben said...

mmm salty taste in my mouth and nose..."garghble" (gargley drooling sound like Homer Simpson).
Also you can come by and smell the surfboard wax, that you got me, anytime.