Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just Like Her Mom!

Yesterday we went to the free kids' movie that was playing at the movie theater. Bailey was excited to go for weeks, and we were also able to bring his cousin along too.

Luckily I had already seen the movie, because Mackenzie could care less that there was a huge screen playing a show. She was so not interested. She only sat as long as she did because I had a few snacks in my purse for "emergencies". So we spent most of our time in the hallway running around. Fun stuff. I was glad the older two kids enjoyed it.

I am not a movie goer. Or watcher. I don't find watching movies a good way to bond with the people around you. You can watch a movie by yourself or with a group of your closest friends, but really it doesn't matter. Besides possibly discussing the movie afterwards, you hardly even know they are there. What is the fun in that? To pay $10 per person so you can sit in the dark and eat extremely overpriced food that makes you so thirsty you HAVE to buy a $5 soda. After 2 hours, what have you gained? Five pounds? Or maybe more from fluid retention? Rarely the occasion will occur that I will want to see a movie. Guess what usually happens. The critics absolutely hate the movie, which makes me not want to waste my time or money to see it. The last movie I saw besides the free one was Juno, which was worth it. Before that, it had been years, so long that I could not remember what movie I had last seen.

So I think that Mackenzie may have inherited my dislike for the movies. Maybe if the movie was about Yo Gabba Gabba, she would have been captivated.

I am wondering, does anyone know my favorite movie?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SOOOO does this mean if I bring treats (since it works for Mackenzie) that you will come? Gotta say---no clue on what your favorite movie is though---gotta love Juno though! Can't wait to see it again---told Torie she can watch it when she is Prego with her first child!