Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dear Electric Company

I know you must want to teach me a lesson, either in patience or pioneering, but I am tired of power outages. I understand that I am lucky, that my house isn't under water or wildfires aren't burning down the door, but still.

I like electricity. I like tv and lights and refridgerators. And fans! It is summer you know, and sleep doesn not come easily when it feels like it is 100 degrees inside at 10 pm. It would be one thing if I had a nice big house with large windows, but I only have windows on the northern and southern parts of the house. Hard to get a good breeze going with that. And maybe the night wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have a little girl who had a fever and kept waking from either the fever or just being hot in general.

So I have a request. Can't you just bury the electric lines like you do in all the ritzy neighborhoods? My in laws live just 3 minutes away and rarely ever lose power for more than a few hours, and they have underground wires. Please?

Thanks,
An on time electric bill payer

PS, and next time, maybe you will want to shut off the neighbor's power across the street. It just isn't nice to look out the window and see they still have power.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

was yours out yesterday morning too? It does seem they are punishing us a lot. More than usual.