Thursday, March 27, 2008

Crocs? I don't get it.

I just can't understand the facination with Crocs. Not the animals, of course, the footwear. Now I have no problem with kids wearing them, especially little ones since they actually look cute with them on. Bailey even has a pair, but that is because kids at school have them. Peer pressure already in the first grade! Anyway, what I just can't understand is why grown adults want to wear them. I have tried them on, thinking they must be the most comfortable shoes ever, but they weren't comfy to me. I would think that plastic shoes would make your feet sweat. I remember back in the day I would wear Gellies, since they were the cool shoes at the time, and my feet would sweat so bad! But Gellies were sort of cute at the time, and I don't know if Crocs have ever been classified as cute.

What is even worse than adult women wearing them is adult men. Why a man would ever wear these ugly shoes are beyond me. Luckily for me, my husband wouldn't be caught dead in them.

If someone knows the secret to why people wear Crocs, please let me know.

3 comments:

Knick Knack Paddy Whack, Throw This Mom a Bone said...

HA! I don't really get it either. I love them for the kids - easy to clean, east to take on and and off...perfect! But though I love the convenience of slip on shoes for myself, I just cannot go there. My sister has several pair - even the winter ones that are lined with...something. Yuck. It's all a trend. Oh...and the 'crocs' my kids have were $4 at the dollar store..and they were a gift from my croc-loving sister. :) I will never purchase 'real' ones! What as waste!

Heather

Melissa@thebblog said...

I have to say, I love them. My husband and I each have a pair. They don't make my feet sweat, I can wear them with socks or without, and I love how light they are on my feet. If I have to be on my feet for a long day, these are the shoes I choose (ah, look at that . . . I'm a poet and I didn't know it).

My hubby is the biggest anti-fad person and he really, really likes them too. I was kind of shocked! They were especially great in Moab because you could wear them into the public showers.

Anyhow, long yes, but my two cents.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you totally on the crocs Samantha. And yup, I'm glad Ben's not into them either. Shouldn't they be starting to go out of fashion though?
And gellies really do kill on your feet too. I always had blisters from them