Monday, March 24, 2008

Sick sucks!

I hate being sick, but even more than that, I hate for my kids to be sick. I would rather take their pain upon myself. Seeing my pitiful 1 year old is so sad to me! She has already fallen asleep quite a few times today, reminding me of the newborn days. Last night I was up with her quite a few times, holding her head over the toilet. The poor thing just looks so sad and confused about why her body is doing this to her! When my 7 year old was little, every illness made me sick to see him that way. But with my little Mackenzie, I am better equipped to handle illness. Even now puking doesn't bother me quite so much. Growing up I was torn about ever having kids because I knew I would have to clean up vomit, which was not appealing to me. Once my sister, who got migraines frequently, threw up while I was in charge and I ended up calling the neighbor to help me clean it up because I couldn't. So I am quite proud of my ability to handle puke!

Sorry to those reading who have a weak stomach!


No comments: