Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bailey's Special Day!

In our church, we baptize children when they turn 8. We baptize by immersion, like Jesus Christ was baptized by John the Baptist. Ever since the doctor laid Bailey in my arms, I thought about how it would be when he was 8 and would be baptized and officially a member of our church.

Today, that day arrived. It seemed unreal that my little boy, my baby, could actually be old enough to be baptized. It was a wonderful experience for him. Bailey had so many friends and family come to see him be baptized. That made me realize how special Bailey is. We had 4 month old babies there and a 104 year old friend there. All to show their love and support for my son. What more could warm a mother's heart?

The only thing that went "wrong" was I had a picture slideshow that I had spent hours working on, and I couldn't get it to copy onto the DVD right so I could show it. That is what happens when I am barely computer literate.

My church means so much to me. My Savior means so much to me. To see Bailey begin to go down the road that leads to happiness in life makes me so happy as well. Even when life is tough, I know that God knows me and loves me and can help me through the tough times. He has so many times already, and I am sure He will do it again!

Bailey, I hope you will remember the day you were baptized as a special day. You are so loved, and I am proud of you for who you are!

8 comments:

Knick Knack Paddy Whack, Throw This Mom a Bone said...

That is so sweet Samantha....congratulations to you and Bailey!

carrie said...

I'm sorry we couldn't be there Tim's mom was in town. Congratulations what a wonderful blessing. Baily is such a great kid, he's destined for greatness!

Unknown said...

Bailey! Happy 8th birthday. I can't believe it! Congrats to all of you on the baptism. What a special time. Such a sweet letter to your son.

Unknown said...

Can't believe Bailey is already 8. We really need to come and visit. Congrats on the Baptism. How exciting! Wish you guys the best.
love ya tons

Melissa@thebblog said...

Congratulations Bailey, that is such a great decision you have made. I hope it was a wonderful, special day you will always remember!

Anonymous said...

And you didn't even mention how many people came!!! There were so many people supporting Bay!
Where are the pics!?

Unknown said...

Glad we got to be a part of it---it was such a wonderful thing to help prepare Victoria and she was so happy for him!
We love you Bay!

One Hot Single Mama said...

You are an awesome person...and Bailey is going to grow up to be like you too! It is awesome to see your child begin to enjoy church and be a part of church! I am SO excited for Bailey! I know you must've cried! hehe. I would've!