Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Bailey!!!!

I can't believe I have an 8 year old! How the time has flown by! There are times I still think of him as a little kid, but he's growing up!

Bailey has been such a wonderful blessing to our lives and to the lives of many others. I didn't feel ready to have a baby when I was pregnant with Bailey. I thought I would finish school and get a "real" job and support Jared while he finished school and then think about having children, but God had other plans for us. And I am so glad he did! I remember holding Bailey in my arms for the first time, knowing my life had changed forever. Once a mother, always a mother, and he is the one who made me a mother.

I just love him dearly. He is so special, and I just feel that he will do great things with his life. I love how much he loves his little sister. He has told me a few times that he wants our family to have another baby girl someday! I am so proud that he is my son, and I hope this year of his life I can be a better mother to him!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday, Bailey!

McKenzie said...

Happy birthday, Bailey!

Once a mother, always a mother, and he's the one who made me a mother...

Oh Sam, that made me cry! That's how I feel about Nat - may these boys always know how much their moms love them. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he's 8 either! You need to post pictures of the boy on his 8th b-day. He really is such a great big brother.
We're excite for Saturday & don't worry, I have reminded Ben about his duties. You might want to remind him of the topic because there seems to be some discrepancy between his & I's opinions on the subject matter.

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Bailey!

Unknown said...

Happy 8th Bailey! Seems like just yesterday when I was holding him in my arms with my pathetic barely prego belly! And now...here we are 8 years later loving these children more than we ever knew possible! LOVE YOU BAILEY! So glad he is a part of our lives!