Friday, October 3, 2008

Pollyanna

Have you ever played the Glad Game or had a fear of falling from a tree to get to your 3rd floor attic bedroom? Then you must have watched Pollyanna as a kid. In the past 2 weeks I have listened to Pollyanna at least 5 times, if not more. I have the whole thing memorized, almost. This is because it is now Mackenzie's favorite movie. That's right, it is a 2 year old's favorite movie!!! I don't understand what the appeal is to her. But she sits down for almost the whole 2 hours. Usually she takes a few breaks, but I can't believe how much she is mesmerized by this movie!!

It has been a tremendous help to me. I have been helping my in laws get a house ready to sell, so I have been doing a lot of painting and wallpaper scraping and many other backbreaking jobs. In a house that is practically empty there isn't much for a 2 year old to do. My mother in law brought over a tv that has a vcr attached. I don't have many vcr tapes, but MIL brought over some of what she had. We thought Mackenzie would be interested in 101 Dalmations since she loves dogs. Nope. Scooby doo? Forget it. Bailey put in Pollyanna and there was silence for the first 30 minutes!! Finally, I could get things done!!

I think I might need to get a copy for myself. Only on dvd this time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Victoria read the book with me about six months ago and loved it...when she gets to a higher reading level (LOL) let me know and you can borrow it...then she will like the movie even more.