Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I am so disgusted

Maybe disgusted is a strong word (that's how I felt the last two weeks cleaning up puke, but I will not talk about that again), but honestly that is how I feel.

I would love to be rich. I think most people would. For the first time ever, I have felt sort of comfortable in our financial situation. Sure, it could be better, but for someone who stays at home with the kids all day and hubby does not have a degree, I think we are doing well.

So tonight I was looking at our bank statement online. I do it often to make sure the money I think is there really is there. I decided to take a closer look at our savings account. Would you like to know the interest rate? It is .35%. That is outrageous to me. How can you save with an interest rate like that? I can put it under my mattress or in coffee cans in the attic and I would almost be better off. At least I wouldn't have to have a minimum of $1000 in there or I would have to pay a fee. Poor Bailey's little $100 savings account earns only 3 cents in a quarter. Pathetic.

ING Direct, here I come with all my money!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is sad! I don't pay attention to this stuff because Tyler does. Now I'm glad to be ignorant. I'm so glad you got a blog! My ex high school sweet heart and I didn't work out after the mission. Although he pursued me ruthlessly. It just really wasn't meant to be. We were too much alike.

Melissa@thebblog said...

At least you're saving. If I were to try the coffee cans or the mattress, I would end up spending it just as fast as I "saved" it.