Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Lost

I had one of those "bad parenting" moments yesterday. I'm sure you have seen other parents make this mistake, and maybe you have made it yourself as well. Child sees something they want, parent says no, child whines and says please, parents still says no, child gets pouty faced and angry, parent still says no, but somehow before the day is over, child gets exactly what he wanted in the first place. But for me, it wasn't one of my children who were getting upset that I was denying them just what they had to have, it was my husband.

We were going through the whole TV thing again, and he thought it would be fun to spend the afternoon going from electronics store to electronics store looking at TV's that are all way more money than we need to spend on such a thing. Oh and don't forget the toddler who we had to take along who has mastered the "death roll" like crocodiles do (this is where you grab on to her hand when she is going in the opposite direction and she crumples instantly to the ground and is able to roll away from my grasp. It is actually quite a talent). TV after TV that all sort of look the same with prices that I just didn't want to pay. After leaving the 5th store empty handed, someone started to get all sulky again, and by this time I'd had enough. Just get a stupid TV, but if something goes wrong (it breaks, we need the money for food, etc) he will be blamed 100%.

One of the stipulations of this TV was I wasn't going to help take all of the stuff off the old entertainment center and move it to the basement. That didn't happen. I can have quite the bossy husband sometimes when he has something that needs to be done.

But we have a new TV. 40 inch Samsung LCD. Hopefully, his life is complete. Well, it will be once he doesn't have to drive a 1995 Neon for work!

Don't worry, those out there who hate Best Buy. We bought this TV from Ultimate Electronics.

2 comments:

saramfischertx said...

I totally know what your are talking about when are decribing the "death roll"... just didn't have a name to it till now. I have been known to leave her laying on the floor crying as I walked away. Only takes a second before she is running to my hand again.

Melissa@thebblog said...

I love reading your posts. you have always been such a great writer! I can totally imagine everyone so easily in my mind.