Sunday, April 6, 2008

Silly Me!

To think everything was on its way to normalicy (is that even a word? If not it should be). All better Mackenzie turned into puking Mackenzie once again, sending hubby hurling just from the sheer disgustingness of the whole thing. Unfortunately, he also made a big mess and had to call me to come home from a church meeting. Nice. On Friday Bailey is sick with a cold and just feels rotten. I send him to school (he didn't ask to stay home and it was just a cold) and I get a call from school saying he has pink eye. Nice. Actually my nonmedical degree has diagnosed that he really didn't have pink eye, but he just had drainage from his sinuses. Anyway, I pick him up from school and give him some pain meds, but he had an upset stomach so all of that ended up in the toilet. It just so happens that everyone in our family but me puked in less than 24 hours, and none of it was caused by a stomach virus.

All of this happened right before we were planning on leaving the kiddos with the in laws. In fact, it was the first time I had ever left Mackenzie all night. So I was a little worried about it at first, but with them puking and being sick I was even more nervous. We had gotten a hotel room (with a cool whirlpool tub, I had always wanted a neat room like that!) so really there was no turning back. The kids ended up doing great, Mackenzie slept all night and no one puked, although Bailey wasn't feeling too good most of the time he was there. We had a nice time too, the bed was nice and comfy and huge, and it was nice to sleep in until 8 for a change!

This week BETTER be normal! I will go crazy if anyone else gets sick! Yes, this means that I am not crazy. Yet.

3 comments:

Sara said...

You slept for 8 hrs, in a hotel room like that! J/K.. I would have wanted to sleep too.

Melissa@thebblog said...

you deserve more than just a night out. and is it wrong to say that if i were in your shoes, i would have enjoyed it as much or more if i was by myself?

Anonymous said...

So why was Mackenzie throwing up?? Please tell me everyone is better this week!
Taj actually is sick. Thank goodness it's not a throw up one though. He's just got a bad cough & fever & is all drowsy. It's actually kind of nice. If you'd like I'll send it your way.