Monday, September 15, 2008

And the password is....

I hate having passwords to everything. As if I don't have enough to remember. And it seems as soon as I figure out a good password that isn't obvious that I have to change it. You can no longer have a numeric only password, it must include letters. The newest criteria is you also have to include some sort of capitalization as well.

And don't get me started on user names. They are just as bad. I especially hate it when I sign up for something new and I have a great user name that I also use for other things and it has already been taken! So I have to come up with something else, which really just means I am going to forget my user name. And have you ever tried to log in to some account or website and you aren't sure whether your user name is wrong or your password? This has happened to me countless times.

I know, I should just get smart and write all of this down on actual paper! But it is hard to find a pen around here...

1 comment:

Melissa@thebblog said...

Argh! I totally agree. Seriously, who wants their password to be R*kksly#kls? But when it has to be 10 digits and have a cap and a non-letter . . .

And of course, if you write them down then someone can find them and hack into your computer so you're never supposed to write them down . . . I feel your pain!