Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday

At church I help run the children's Sunday School, which we call the Primary. I am actually the secretary and have been almost 3 years. The jobs at our church are called callings where the bishop and his counselors decide who would be a good fit where. I know the time at my secretary calling is almost up, which I am sort of glad about. I am not exactly the most organized secretary ever, or very neat. But I do love the kids and enjoy getting to know them.

Today we were practicing for the program that we do once a year for the congregation. They practiced last week too, but we were out of town and missed it. The kids each have a speaking part and sing a bunch of songs they have learned throughout the year, and there are a few group singers too. My heart was really touched today by a group of kids singing a song. These kids are all 5 and in kindergarten and the song is called "I'll Walk With You". It is a really sweet song about kids who are not afraid to be friends with kids who are different because "Jesus walked away from none, he gave his love to everyone". Just to watch these pure hearted kids sing just reminded me of the love and innocence of children. Much of the bad behavior they learn is through the modeling of selfish adults.

I wasn't looking forward to going to church today, but those kids made it worth it to me!

No comments: