Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A "promotion"

Money sucks. I could complain about money every day, but I won't bore you. I wish I was rich. Sort of. I guess I just wish I could be comfortable.

Anyway, my darling husband came home today and said "Guess what? I got a promotion at work today. I am now the new territory sales manager." I instantly get excited and start thinking about what great timing this promotion is. Making ends meet and saving money has just gotten harder and harder it seems and a pay raise is just what we need. But wait. He didn't mention anything about a pay raise. It seems that his wonderful company gave him a promotion WITHOUT a pay raise. What garbage!!! I am so mad. Oh well. What can I do?

I don't like money. Or being an adult.

3 comments:

Alison said...

That sucks! More responsibility but no more money. Been there. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I don't want to be an adult anymore. Seriously what company does that!!? Jared needs to find a new job. I'd hire him if i had money.

Melissa@thebblog said...

What a bum deal! As nice as a title is, if it doesn't come with some compensation too - what's the point? I agree with Alison, they can give him more to do and not pay him for it. Bum Deal!

But, tell him congrats on the promotion nonetheless!