Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Mackenzie!!!

My sweet little girl. I can hardly believe you are 2!! The past 2 years have been such a blessing for our family to have you in our lives. You are so special to us, and especially to me. Bailey loves you dearly. He was super excited for your party and all your presents.

It took me a long time to decide I could handle another child. I suffered from depression for a long time and sometimes it was tough to handle day to day life. Bailey has always been a special blessing to me, but he has been a special blessing to everyone. People just seem to gravitate to him. You, Mackenzie, have been my blessing. Ever since I got pregnant with you, the depression has lifted. Not to say I don't have rough moments, I still get down sometimes, but my life is just so much lighter with you in it.

I wish I could find the words to describe you. You are full of energy and life, but at the same time observant of the world around you. You are huggable and sweet. You love to play outside and get into things. You are independent and want to dress yourself. You have the cutest little voice. You love to say prayers. You insist on praying before going to sleep and you love to just randomly turn off the tv during the day so we can say a prayer together. You like to draw and are always trying to draw a doggie! Taj is your buddy and you get so excited when you are together. You hate to sit in a shopping cart and you aren't very obedient at times, but I love you.

Mackenzie, you are so special to me. I can't wait to share many more years with you in my life!

2 comments:

Melissa Martin said...

Happy Birthday Mackenzie! I can't believe you are 2 already! Enjoy your special day.

Alison said...

Happy Birthday, MacKenzie! Hope you had a great day!