Monday, September 22, 2008

I Have Failed

I was doing so well blogging every day. Then it all fell apart. I got busy. Life happened. All those excuses that everyone has heard. And now I am giving them.

But I was busy. For real. Usually I lead a fairly simple life, not a whole lot of busyness. But both Friday and Saturday were spent working on flipping a house. Just like those reality shows. In fact, we thought we would make a good reality show. All we needed was the camera crew following us around. I know, we were probably only funny to ourselves. Melanie, some day we might just have a reality show!

Yesterday was Sunday. The day of rest. Sort of. At church we had the Primary program where I helped tame kids to sit still long enough to sing and do their speaking parts. Bailey got many compliments from people on his singing voice which always makes a mother proud! He did get his singing abilities from me, you know. Ask anyone who has ever sat next to his dad at church! Actually, he carries a tune ok, just doesn't love singing. The program was really good. Of course I cried during some of it. Music just touches my heart sometimes. Plus I am sad that my work in Primary is almost officially done. I love those kids with all my heart.

This week I am trying out the single parent gig since my husband is gone for work. That means after the kids are in bed I will have more time for blogging!

1 comment:

Melissa@thebblog said...

even with your break you blog more than so many others! we all forgive you. We had our primary program last week also. Too, too cute!