Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Hills are alive

I just love the Sound of Music! As a kid when it was on tv, I was never able to watch the whole thing. I would always fall asleep. In fact I thought the movie was over the first time they sang the "So long, Farewell" song. It wasn't until I was in college (or maybe later!) when I watched the whole thing and realized I missed out on more than an hour of the movie! I had the record, so I knew all the songs. Ah, the good old days of the record player! My mom still has one at her house.

Anyway, the hills of the Sound of Music wasn't what I was referring to. That darn MTV show The Hills is so darn addicting! I am 32 years old, I shouldn't be interested in watching a bunch of rich 20somethings run around, go to clubs, and fight with their friends. But I just can't stop watching. Maybe part of it is I would love to be 20 something again, and of course I would love to be rich. Being young and free sounds so nice when you can't even go to the store because you know your almost 2 year old won't sit in the cart for longer than 2 seconds. On The Hills, they get to shop whenever they want (you never see them wear the same outfit twice) and they are always going out to eat at cute little bistros for lunch or fancy reservations needed dinners.

But really, I watch The Hills to see Spencer Pratt. Now if you don't know who Spencer is, you really need to know. No, he is not hot or anything. In fact, he is slimy pond scum, and I just have to watch to hear what horrible thing he says next. Ugh, I just can't stand the guy! He is controlling and rude and yucky. And I have to watch him!

Haven't seen The Hills? Oh, you are missing out! It is one of those shows that my husband can't believe that I watch. Yeah, the majority of the audience is a teenager, but I am sure I am not the only regular adult who watches. At least I hope not!

(By the way, Mackenzie is back to running and being a wild child. No broken toe!)

2 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

Ah, it's just that Party of Five isn't on any more so you have to have something elese in the same genre to keep you young. :)

I love the way you write. Keep it up it's so fun to read!

Samantha said...

Party of Five!! How I loved that show. It's how Bailey got his name, you know!