Wednesday, September 10, 2008

DO U WAG ?

I bet a lot of you were like me in the past. Walgreens (AKA WAGS) was an expensive drug store where you go when you needed to pick something up, like Tylenol, and you would get sucked into buying a bunch of other expensive junk that you really didn't need. Well, my eyes have been opened to the world of WAGGING, shopping at Walgreens where they are practically paying you to take home their inventory.

Sounds too good to be true? It isn't, if you are smart about it. I have been doing this for about 6 weeks now. It takes some money to get started with it, but once you get started you can pay very little out of pocket. I have learned most of my WAGGING tricks and tips from two places: www.slickdeals.net and www.moneysavingmom.com. Both of these sites have more than just Walgreens info on them. Slickdeals is my favorite. This is where I find out about freebies, great internet deals, Target couponing, and Walgreens shopping. Oh, and also survey taking.

Explaining how Walgreens works is a little complex. The more I do it, the more I understand. Plus it seems that different individual stores have different policies on things. If you want to learn more about how Walgreens works, go here.

Another great thing about Walgreens for me is that there is one within walking distance to my house. There is another one pretty close by, but I don't think I would walk there. Because I am a little lazy, you know. Anyway, Mackenzie and I walked up there this morning. We have become friendly with one of the cashiers, which is helpful when you are having coupon trouble.

So here is a picture of what I bought today:


I spent $14.31 out of my pocket and got all this stuff. But that isn't even the best part of it all. If you look closely, I bought 3 Robitussins. I am not expecting some great outbreak of the flu at my house. Walgreens was running a deal this week that if you buy 3 Robitussin for $3.99 each you get a $10 register reward. A register reward is a coupon good for your next visit at Walgreens with a two week expiration date. What made this a fabulous deal is I had 3 coupons for $3 off 1 Robitussin. So I paid $3 for 3 Robitussin and got a $10 coupon for my next purchase! In essence I made $7 on the deal! The mouthwash was pretty much the same thing, although this time I had to buy 1 Crest Prohealth Mouthwash and I got $4.50 back in register rewards. Crest Prohealth mouthwash is $4.49, so I pretty much got it free! The toothpaste is a free after rebate item, so I will be getting that for free too (and if you have your rebate money put on a Walgreens gift card, they give you an extra 10%!!).

There are just so many deals going on each week. I get excited thinking about it! Walgreens is slowly becoming my favorite store!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WATCH OUT! I started this about a year ago---it is the BOMB! However it can be addictive...why do you think you have been getting all my good sales information...I will have to fill you in on all the little tricks of the trade! It's fun...I have stockpiled a TON of stuff that I have paid next to nothing for...you can get really good at it between store promotions, coupons and knowing how to play the game...Have fun.